Skip to main content

Exciting trek to Nui Ba Den (Black Virgin Mountain), 2nd highest mountain in South Vietnam

My favorite one!

Hello everybody!

I hope you all doing good.

Today I want to share one of the coolest hiking diaries with you.

The Nui Ba Den, English name is Black Virgin Mountain, located in Tay Ninh province in Vietnam. Nearly 90km away from Ho Chi Minh City.

The Mountain is about 998m high, above from sea level, 2nd highest point in South Vietnam.

How to get there from HCMC?

First of all, there are 3 ways to reach. Today I will share the way I did.

Good to remember:
     There is no direct bus from HCMC to Tay Ninh province. (I am talking only public buses, not  tourist buses!)

So my advice is based on how to get on a public bus.
From HCMC, first, you should reach Moc Bai area (which is the border of Cambodia and Vietnam).
And from Moc Bai you can go to Tay Ning province again by public bus. (very cheap)

1. Go to Ben Thanh Bus station in District1, HCMC


From the bus station, get in bus number 703, till Moc Bai city.

A ticket will cost you 40000dong,  around 2.5hrs journey. Enjoy :)

The bus will drop you at Moc Bai bus station, where can catch another bus to Tay Ninh province.

2. From  Moc Bai bus station to Tay Ninh.
At the Moc Bai bus station, a public bus will be available to go Tay Ninh. The ticket is very cheap, 12000dong, around 50-55min to reach Tay Ninh bus station.

Good to remember:
From Moc Bai bus station to Tay Ninh,
The bus will go every 45 minutes. So manage your time accordingly.
While coming back from Tay Ninh to Moc Bai, the last bus from Tay Ninh is at 17.00pm, so be on time. :)

3. From Tay Ninh to Nui Ba Den (Black Virgin Mountain)

There will be a taxi, xe om (motorbike, scooty) are available. You can grab any of it and go to the mountain. From bus station to the mountain, it is about 14-15km, so may take about 15-20min.

For me, I hailed xe om, for 2 ways costed me around 240k dong including tip money.



Finally, I reached Nui Ba Den :)

Nui Ba Den (Black Virgin Mountain)


The entrance of Black Virgin Mountain
 Entrance fee is 16000dong.

Inside the park


Very chill and cozy environment, as I reached by 3pm so most of the tourists are already left and locals were having a picnic and roaming around.


Buddhist temple on the mountain

The entrance of the temple

Inside temple
                                            

The environment is just soo relaxing. I totally was in the peace in that moment.

While going up to top, big rocks were there., maybe the location is rich of such.
Small waterfall

The view from above
The view was just amazing and cool breeze is too good, which made me feel like I achieved something big :P

Totally great feeling when reached the top!


So returning is the same route how I came, during the trip total I spent about 400k dong including the cost of transportation for both ways.

P.S: All photos credits will go to me :)


Everyday You have an opportunity to explore yourself, go and find more good about you!


Azaa,

Comments

Popular Posts

IITB - CSE graduate student (2016-2018) learned 3 Lessons from IITB

Yay, it is been a long time since I haven't updated on my blog. Today found a good time to write little about my IITB life and lessons learned from there. In July 2016, I landed in Mumbai city, India for studying master in Computer Science. Still, I could remember that day; very humid, at night I reached the campus. Couples sitting, friends chitchatting and walking. Even though it was 2am, I felt that people there a bit active at night. Reached the hostel..., Unfortunately, my room was not available at that time, so I stayed in the TV room that night. Early morning, fortunately, I made a friend with a girl. :) (Not remember her name now :p) We went a mess and had breakfast. First time seeing the mess, it was big for me also many students were there. Most of the students had already made friends, sat with them and were laughing and all. Then went to my department (Computer Science and Engineering (Kresit)), attended freshie intro. This was the first time for me to be

Inspirational books which help you to develop in self-mentor and in finance

Dear my friends, It's been a very long time I haven't publish any post, sorry for that :) :). Today I am going to give a brief idea regarding inspiration, self-development and financial books.  Many of us eagerly develop ourselves in many ways including self-help, motivation as well as fundamental finance education. Most of our general knowledge's main base comes from books that we have read. Sometimes it is hard to get exactly what books are suitable for our interest and aims that we are going to achieve. For me I am kind of selective in terms of books, especially motivational and personal - finance. Here is the list of the books which I really loved and gave enormous impact not only in my self-development and in my life, but also become my lifetime mentor and adviser. This is the books I am suggesting to you for weekend reading. Self-help, motivational books Slight Edge by Jeff Olson (Success book) Very motivational and educational. Will give yo

Power of Happy Thoughts

Hello my friends, Today I am going to share with you guys about " Power of happy thoughts ". Every morning when you wake up, please say to yourself  "What a good day!" , " This is my day!" , " My life is precious "  or similar words which can motivate (sharpen) you in whole day. I am sure that most of you know how the thoughts impact our lives. You may already read from "Secret" and "Law of Success" books. Everybody knows that whatever we think in our brain, the result will be transmitted by those thoughts either "Good" or "Bad". We attract what we think. But why do we sometimes disappointed, feel sad or even talk rubbish things about people or something? Why can't we stop thinking bad things or feeling? Have you ever tried to change yourself and ended up with no success? Most of us say these words everyday without consciousness. "it is very difficult to get job", &q