Skip to main content

Book review: The subtle art of not giving a F:)ck

Yoo, dear friends,

This time I wanted to give you another insight for your future. So, have written this book review in my own words for you guys. Enjoy and Keep reading. :)

You might be heard or already read a book named "The subtle art of not giving a F:)ck" by Mark Manson. It is a type of personal development and the New York Times bestseller.

The subtle art of not giving fuck book cover

If you haven't read or thinking to read this book, I will give you a brief review of it. And if you already read this book, may remind you of some of the points. :)

First of all, I am going to ask a couple questions and you guys answer.

Q1. When is the last time this thought came to your head.?.?. 

"Ohhh, If I do this, what will others think about me??"

Q2. When is the last time you felt this..?.

"Ohhh god, it's going to fail and others will laugh at me!"


If you do feel above feelings at any of point of time, this book may suggest some thoughts which will help you not to think like above!.

Some points mentioned in the book, you may don't like or disagree, but still, I encourage you to finish this post, cause I felt that too. :)

The very first thing the book suggested for us is "Don't Try Too Hard".

According to the book, some people try too hard for everything and at last give a A F:)ck to everything and dependent on somebody or something.
For example, I should talk politely to everybody because people will like me after this and which goes on and on. One day, if you upset and talk a bit rudely with somebody, then a whole day you will feel guilty and which goes on and on....

To live simply happy, just no need to try too hard and try to please everybody! Instead be yourself, sometimes it is good to not a f:)ck to not good people.  Give a f:)ck for important things!

Agree that You Are Not Special, don't become Entitled one
This is a next big message from an author for us.

Nowadays, we want us to be entitled and become very special. Sometimes, because of this self-thought people hurt us since not everyone thinks that we are special.
It is good to live close to ground :)


Value of Suffering and Acceptance of Failure is one of the ways to move forward. So what is the value? The value is the thing which is important to you. Be ready to get what your important things.

Of course, we are human, will make a small or big mistakes which we call failures. But embrace the failure and accept, learn from it. And move forward for your value.

Book described that "self-improvement" is prioritizing better values, choosing better things to give a f.ck about. Because when you give better f.cks, you get better problems. And when you get better problems, you get a better life.


At last, The Importance of Saying No

It is appreciable to say NO! at the right time, to the right person.

When things not going well, openly and without apologies say the truth, that is honesty!


To not make a long post, I wrote the main points from the book which you may find interesting. The main message from the book is, I think,

Be free and don't live under somebody's shadow. 


P.S:  This may answer the above 2 questions and made you think for a while about your life!

Keep reading and Enjoy :)

Azaa
2018-08-17




Comments

Popular Posts

IITB - CSE graduate student (2016-2018) learned 3 Lessons from IITB

Yay, it is been a long time since I haven't updated on my blog. Today found a good time to write little about my IITB life and lessons learned from there. In July 2016, I landed in Mumbai city, India for studying master in Computer Science. Still, I could remember that day; very humid, at night I reached the campus. Couples sitting, friends chitchatting and walking. Even though it was 2am, I felt that people there a bit active at night. Reached the hostel..., Unfortunately, my room was not available at that time, so I stayed in the TV room that night. Early morning, fortunately, I made a friend with a girl. :) (Not remember her name now :p) We went a mess and had breakfast. First time seeing the mess, it was big for me also many students were there. Most of the students had already made friends, sat with them and were laughing and all. Then went to my department (Computer Science and Engineering (Kresit)), attended freshie intro. This was the first time for me to be

Inspirational books which help you to develop in self-mentor and in finance

Dear my friends, It's been a very long time I haven't publish any post, sorry for that :) :). Today I am going to give a brief idea regarding inspiration, self-development and financial books.  Many of us eagerly develop ourselves in many ways including self-help, motivation as well as fundamental finance education. Most of our general knowledge's main base comes from books that we have read. Sometimes it is hard to get exactly what books are suitable for our interest and aims that we are going to achieve. For me I am kind of selective in terms of books, especially motivational and personal - finance. Here is the list of the books which I really loved and gave enormous impact not only in my self-development and in my life, but also become my lifetime mentor and adviser. This is the books I am suggesting to you for weekend reading. Self-help, motivational books Slight Edge by Jeff Olson (Success book) Very motivational and educational. Will give yo

Power of Happy Thoughts

Hello my friends, Today I am going to share with you guys about " Power of happy thoughts ". Every morning when you wake up, please say to yourself  "What a good day!" , " This is my day!" , " My life is precious "  or similar words which can motivate (sharpen) you in whole day. I am sure that most of you know how the thoughts impact our lives. You may already read from "Secret" and "Law of Success" books. Everybody knows that whatever we think in our brain, the result will be transmitted by those thoughts either "Good" or "Bad". We attract what we think. But why do we sometimes disappointed, feel sad or even talk rubbish things about people or something? Why can't we stop thinking bad things or feeling? Have you ever tried to change yourself and ended up with no success? Most of us say these words everyday without consciousness. "it is very difficult to get job", &q