Skip to main content

IITB - CSE graduate student (2016-2018) learned 3 Lessons from IITB


Yay, it is been a long time since I haven't updated on my blog. Today found a good time to write little about my IITB life and lessons learned from there.

In July 2016, I landed in Mumbai city, India for studying master in Computer Science. Still, I could remember that day; very humid, at night I reached the campus.

Couples sitting, friends chitchatting and walking. Even though it was 2am, I felt that people there a bit active at night.

Reached the hostel..., Unfortunately, my room was not available at that time, so I stayed in the TV room that night.

Early morning, fortunately, I made a friend with a girl. :) (Not remember her name now :p) We went a mess and had breakfast. First time seeing the mess, it was big for me also many students were there. Most of the students had already made friends, sat with them and were laughing and all.

Then went to my department (Computer Science and Engineering (Kresit)), attended freshie intro.
This was the first time for me to be acquainted with batchmates. I think about 100 students were there and I could not remember any name, was too difficult :P.

Chose courses and attended the classes and made new friends... Initial months were somewhat passed very quickly because I needed to adapt the place, food, and most important thing is my studies.

Life or daily routine was the same old for most of the time, particularly for the first year.

The first year got over very quickly, suddenly time to go home for vacation. And I enjoyed too much at home with my siblings (family) and friends (close ones).
For the second year, Master Thesis was the big task need to done. So, somewhat busy in both, the first and second half.

So what did I learn when I was in IITB?

Second-year taught me a lot of things which is related to academics as well as non-academics.

The very first lesson is :

--Agreed that I don't know anything about real life which means everything, including how my family is precious, friendship was important. Home country, food, my hobby, academics .... (so many things).

So, be truthful for yourself.

The second lesson is:

-- I had a very bad habit or something, which I expect others to talk to me first. Because of that, it was difficult to start conversation initially for me. Cause in my hometown, most of the people used to talk to me first, so I rarely speak up first. At IITB, that time everybody was a new here, everybody felt the same feeling which I had, so it was like that.

It is nice to start a conversation. Sometimes need courage but if you need help under any circumstances, just speak up. Because everybody ready to help! Just need to say, without saying how other people know that you have difficulties including food, health, acad...


The third lesson is:

Never underestimate yourself.
Should not think that "ohhh, I don't know this, I can't do this." Try your best for everything including sports, arts, dance ....

Just believe in yourself that you can achieve far more things which you could not even think of.

Those are just examples which I can only write about. IITB gave me a lot of chances to explore myself deeply and helped me to understand how things really happen (go).

It was one of the great journeys I have been and gifted me a lot of precious presents.

Azaa,




Comments

  1. Congratulations.
    That's a real life, you let me remember my own experience. It seems that you've learned a lot and the first step was you spoke first 😊.

    Well done and good luck .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am happy that made you to remember your days. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Inspirational books which help you to develop in self-mentor and in finance

Dear my friends, It's been a very long time I haven't publish any post, sorry for that :) :). Today I am going to give a brief idea regarding inspiration, self-development and financial books.  Many of us eagerly develop ourselves in many ways including self-help, motivation as well as fundamental finance education. Most of our general knowledge's main base comes from books that we have read. Sometimes it is hard to get exactly what books are suitable for our interest and aims that we are going to achieve. For me I am kind of selective in terms of books, especially motivational and personal - finance. Here is the list of the books which I really loved and gave enormous impact not only in my self-development and in my life, but also become my lifetime mentor and adviser. This is the books I am suggesting to you for weekend reading. Self-help, motivational books Slight Edge by Jeff Olson (Success book) Very motivational and educational. Will give yo

Power of Happy Thoughts

Hello my friends, Today I am going to share with you guys about " Power of happy thoughts ". Every morning when you wake up, please say to yourself  "What a good day!" , " This is my day!" , " My life is precious "  or similar words which can motivate (sharpen) you in whole day. I am sure that most of you know how the thoughts impact our lives. You may already read from "Secret" and "Law of Success" books. Everybody knows that whatever we think in our brain, the result will be transmitted by those thoughts either "Good" or "Bad". We attract what we think. But why do we sometimes disappointed, feel sad or even talk rubbish things about people or something? Why can't we stop thinking bad things or feeling? Have you ever tried to change yourself and ended up with no success? Most of us say these words everyday without consciousness. "it is very difficult to get job", &q