Skip to main content

Delightful solo day trip in Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam

Dear friends,

Hope all of you doing good! :)

Today I enjoyed a day trip in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and wanted to share some of the memories with you guys. :)

First of all, it was nice, the places where I visited were kind of memorable. So explored about Vietnamese War. And other tourist attractions places too.

1. Vietnamese War Remnants Museum 


War remnants museum in Saigon

When I came, small reconstructing doing the outside of the museum. It includes many memorable remnants from Vietnamese war which continued for 17 years.

A lot of equipment and devices were used during the War kept there and I took a few of their pictures.


Bullets inside War remnants museum in Saigon

This picture is the saddest one. During the war, many Vietnamese soldiers died and their family struggled a lot, the whole Vietnam was in a very bad condition. Some of the pictures were very scary, I can't even see. (torso, without a head, without a leg... all these died during the bomb)


This sculpture is made of bomb fragments, named as "Mother". It was awarded "Encouragement prize" at the 10-year of the national exhibition.
Mother sculpture


Masks for toxic gas.


 A radio was used to make a connection between soldiers and that exploder is of course for exploding the bombs. All these things made me felt bad during the wartime, how the people survived and struggled hard times.

During the hard time, President Ho Chi Minh had written a letter to Jawaharlal Nehru (PM of India), which is about how difficulty around the country.

Indian President and Jawaharlal Nehru (PM of India) welcomed President Ho Chi Minh when he visited India in 1958.
Indian PM with President Ho Chi Minh

US Army tanks, helicopters seemed strong and huge. During that time, these combat vehicles were used. I felt bit overwhelmed :P








Finally, I ended up the museum and headed to Independence palace, South Vietnam President lived and worked there during the Vietnam War. The palace is historical.

2. Independence Palace


Inside the design is very beautiful. I really liked :)

The view from the 4th floor of the palace. Exterior design or small construction is doing.
Front view of Indepence Palace in HCMC

3. Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon

French colonist designed the architecture of the cathedral. Height is about 58 meters.
Notre Dame Cathedral In Saigon

Notre Dame Cathedral In Saigon


Notre Dame Cathedral In Saigon with me

4. City Post office

Inside many local gift shops were there. And still posting is available. That was kind of surprising, I thought it is only for sightseeing purpose.

Vietnamese great leader, President Ho Chi Minh's portrait, and old classical interior.
 City post office in Saigon

5. Opera House

Vietnamese traditional plays  are available. Next time, I may enjoy watching one of them. The exterior was fascinating. :)

Since Vietnam was ruled by France for many years, a lot of tourists said that few of the design is similar to France style. 

Opera house in Saigon


Rather than this, I explored local shops and street bookshops. Especially I really liked street bookshop, they encourage people to read anywhere. Well designed book cafe and park.

Lastly had Vietnamese famous cuisine, noodle soup was very tasty with fresh coconut water.
Bun bo hue soup in Saigon with coconut water

This post became a little long :P, but I hope it may help you to explore or gain a little knowledge about Vietnam. :)

P.S: All photographs captions go to me! :)

Keep reading and enjoy! :)

~Azaa,

Comments

Popular Posts

IITB - CSE graduate student (2016-2018) learned 3 Lessons from IITB

Yay, it is been a long time since I haven't updated on my blog. Today found a good time to write little about my IITB life and lessons learned from there. In July 2016, I landed in Mumbai city, India for studying master in Computer Science. Still, I could remember that day; very humid, at night I reached the campus. Couples sitting, friends chitchatting and walking. Even though it was 2am, I felt that people there a bit active at night. Reached the hostel..., Unfortunately, my room was not available at that time, so I stayed in the TV room that night. Early morning, fortunately, I made a friend with a girl. :) (Not remember her name now :p) We went a mess and had breakfast. First time seeing the mess, it was big for me also many students were there. Most of the students had already made friends, sat with them and were laughing and all. Then went to my department (Computer Science and Engineering (Kresit)), attended freshie intro. This was the first time for me to be

Inspirational books which help you to develop in self-mentor and in finance

Dear my friends, It's been a very long time I haven't publish any post, sorry for that :) :). Today I am going to give a brief idea regarding inspiration, self-development and financial books.  Many of us eagerly develop ourselves in many ways including self-help, motivation as well as fundamental finance education. Most of our general knowledge's main base comes from books that we have read. Sometimes it is hard to get exactly what books are suitable for our interest and aims that we are going to achieve. For me I am kind of selective in terms of books, especially motivational and personal - finance. Here is the list of the books which I really loved and gave enormous impact not only in my self-development and in my life, but also become my lifetime mentor and adviser. This is the books I am suggesting to you for weekend reading. Self-help, motivational books Slight Edge by Jeff Olson (Success book) Very motivational and educational. Will give yo

Power of Happy Thoughts

Hello my friends, Today I am going to share with you guys about " Power of happy thoughts ". Every morning when you wake up, please say to yourself  "What a good day!" , " This is my day!" , " My life is precious "  or similar words which can motivate (sharpen) you in whole day. I am sure that most of you know how the thoughts impact our lives. You may already read from "Secret" and "Law of Success" books. Everybody knows that whatever we think in our brain, the result will be transmitted by those thoughts either "Good" or "Bad". We attract what we think. But why do we sometimes disappointed, feel sad or even talk rubbish things about people or something? Why can't we stop thinking bad things or feeling? Have you ever tried to change yourself and ended up with no success? Most of us say these words everyday without consciousness. "it is very difficult to get job", &q